Care For your Piercing!
If you have lost your care sheet given to you by your piercer, please call us !
Or you can find more information by going to the following links :
Body Piercing (Not Oral)
Use one or a combination of the following solutions for healing piercings:
- Packaged sterile spray saline (with no additives, read the label) is a gentle choice for piercing aftercare. Spray saline for contact lenses should not be used as piercing aftercare. Wound wash saline is available as a spray at pharmacies throughout North America.
- Sea salt mixture: Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (.75 to 1.42 grams) of non-iodized (iodine-free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz / 250 ml) of warm distilled or bottled water. A stronger mixture is not better; a saline solution that is too strong can irritate the piercing. Rinsing the area is required after your soak.
- A mild fragrance free liquid soap – preferably something that has no added colors – and definitely NO scrubbing or Microbead particles. Not anti-bacterial !!
- Gentle Soap such as Dr. Bronners Baby Mild is a great soap choice, available online in our store, in our studio or at local stores.
Oral (Mouth) Piercing
Use one or both of the following solutions for inside the mouth:
- Antimicrobial or antibacterial alcohol-free mouth rinse.
- Packaged sterile saline solution with no additives (read the label) or non-iodized sea salt mixture: Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized (iodine free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz) of warm distilled or bottled water. A stronger mixture is not better. Saline solution that is too strong can irritate your piercing. (If you have high blood pressure or a heart condition, please check with your doctor before using a saline product as your primary cleaning solution.)